- To provide for instruction and research in architecture, urban design, building, town and country planning, housing, traffic and transport planning, landscape architecture and other branches of studies pertaining to human settlement and the environment
- Instill amongst the students, a sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of human settlement and the environment and to play an active role in the preservation, protection and enhancement of the quality of both natural and man-made environments.
- Imbibe a national and international outlook in the field of human settlements and the environment.
- Impart knowledge of techniques and developments in emerging areas of the construction sector.
- Develop skills in areas of planning, designing, building, managing and related tasks pertaining to the built habitat